Thursday, May 17, 2012
Wednesday, May 16, 2012
Dear ladies and gentlemen of Astute Graphics. Thank you for DrawScribe. I love it. It has immediately become my favorite plugin. Drawing is so much quicker and more fun now. I especially like:
- Pressure sensitive path strokes (been wanting this feature forever - the calligraphic brush just doesn't do the job)
- The ability to draw the same path over and over and having the computer calculate the average (pure genius)
- Easy deletion of paths at intersections (such a time saver)
- Having paths connect after deleting the parts where they intersect and adjusting the stroke width correctly (sweeet)
- The possibility to delete anchor points without the path changing as little as necessary (heaven sent)
That being said, there are still a few issues I have, correcting which would make this DrawScribe the perfect drawing tool for me.
1) Please make path deletion possible with the stylus’ eraser. The squiggle-approach is fine for deleting paths every now and then, but I prefer to draw all my lines and then clean them up all at once. Also: It happens quite often that my squiggle isn’t recognized as a deletion attempt, especially with shorter lines.
2) Please add the option that only the selected paths and their intersections with each other are considered for deletion. Otherwise I need to group them and enter isolation mode (or manually delete the remaining bits), and that adds a lot of time.
3) Please include a path cutting tool that respects the path’s dynamic stroke width. Illustrator’s native tool applies the complete stroke width data of the original path to both resulting paths. We need a tool that cuts the stroke width as well.
4) Please include a tool to reduce the number of path width markers. After drawing a path with DrawScribe I sometimes want to tweak its width. This can be tedious, since DrawScribe usually places quite a few width markers. A way to smoothen out the width by removing superfluous and quasi-superfluous markers would be greatly appreciated.
I hope this feedback is helpful. Please keep up the good work! I’m looking forward to more excellent plugins of your company.